I’m all for easy weeknight meals that have little prep and allow me to multi-task while baking or heating. This clean eating glaze is great for any type of fish and/or could be used for steamed veggies. If you’re tired of having the same ole fish, you probably have these below ingredients on hand.
- 2 fish fillets (6 oz. each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 green onions
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped or 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder
1. Heat oven to 450°F. In a measuring cup (I prefer less clean up), mix syrup, vinegar and garlic.
2. Place fish in an oven safe dish, skin side down (depending on fish) and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Brush fish with half of the prepared glaze and bake for 10 minutes. Meanwhile heat the remaining glaze on the stove top to thicken the sauce.
4. After 10 minutes pour the remaining glaze on top of fish and bake for 5 minutes or until fish is flaky. Garnish with green onions and feel free to use any leftover sauce on top of brown rice or a serving of veggies. Admire your quick and healthy meal!