Hail the crockpot! One of the best inventions around since it makes weeknight cooking easy peezy. So I kept seeing pins on Pinterest about making crockpot ribs. Well, like many of us, I’ve never made ribs. Mainly fearing that I’ll botch a whole slab and then what a waste!?! Luckily I finally gave it a try and I was super impressed. I got the idea from a great blogger Amanda’s Cookin. My pictures don’t compare to Amanda’s and I have adapted the recipe so that anyone can make these easy ribs from home with little ingredients.
What you’ll need:
- BBQ rub seasoning packet or your own personal rub recipe (the rub along with the sauce makes for a lot of flavor)
- Your favorite BBQ sauce – unfortunately I cannot give away my recipe; I swore to a dear friend not to give away his family’s wonderful secret! If I can ever convince him to sell the recipe you’ll be the first to know.
- Slab of pork back ribs or baby back ribs
- 1 sweet onion
- 3 misc. bell peppers (you could use other veggies that you prefer but keep in mind these veggies will be at the bottom of the crockpot)
What to do:
- Cut sweet onion and peppers but don’t dice! Layer these veggies on the bottom of the crockpot
- Cut your slab up so that it’s manageable in the crockpot, around every 3rd bone
- Pat rub over each rib
- Place each group of ribs along the crockpot, layering over the veggies
- Coat the top of each rib with BBQ sauce and heat on high for 4 hours
- After 4 hours coat ribs again with sauce and either place on a baking sheet in the oven at 400ºF for 10 minutes if you like your ribs crispy or continue to heat in crockpot.