Love tacos but want to change it up? Try this taco alternative using chicken and the taco seasoning mentioned on my last blog. Serve it up with some corn and my favorite rice from Trader Joe’s.
Ingredients (makes 2 servings):
- 2 chicken breasts diced to bite size pieces
- taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 – 1.5 cups of cheese (Monterrey, pepper jack or Mexican)
- 2 green onions sliced
- Coat the chicken with taco seasoning thoroughly and sauté
- Place the cooked chicken pieces into a small casserole dish and preheat the oven to 350ºF
- Layer the enchilada sauce, cheese and green onions on top
- Bake covered in the oven for 10 minutes and then uncovered for 5 minutes or until cheese is golden
- Take out of the oven and let cool. Serve on a tostada, tortilla or hard taco shell and bon appétit!