Like many of you I’m in a hurry during the work week which is why I thought I’d give the following recipe a try. Originally concocted from a Real Simple recipe, I added my own twist on this one pot meal. Next time I’m going to try it out in my crock pot. Take note that if you want to add some protein, just brown your desired meat before adding the veggies and continue on with the recipe. Hope you enjoy this super fast meal!
- 1 cup of fresh sliced mushrooms or canned
- 1 cup mixed peppers or any other veggie
- 1 cup of onions diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 oz. can of chicken broth or beef broth (I used flavor boosts since I didn’t have any broth on hand)
- 3/4 cups water
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces dried spaghetti, broken
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large saucepan cook onions, mushrooms, broth, water, tomato paste, seasonings, and pepper.
2. Bring to a boil. Add the broken spaghetti, a little at a time, stirring consistently.
3. Reduce heat and allow spaghetti to simmer until noodles are tender and sauce is desired consistency. Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese on top.