There’s nothing better than the smell of fresh-baked bread and in this case, zucchini bread. This recipe isn’t your traditional zucchini bread though; I’ve added a touch of pineapple to sweeten the loaf. It makes a large batch, therefore I mix things up by making 1 loaf and several muffins for an easy fix on the go. Thanks to an old friend, Linda, for sharing your family’s special recipe. Below is her traditional recipe but I’m not the biggest fan of raisins so I usually omit.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (approx. 2 zucchini’s)
- 5 tablespoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (8.25 oz.) can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
1. Heat oven to 350º. In mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy, beating in sugar, oil, vanilla and zucchini.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients.
3. Pour batter in 2 greased and floured bread loaf pans. (or if your like me one pan and several muffins)
4. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the center and comes out clean.
5. Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!